[22/01/200] No second marriage 4 first lady in TVB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SOLY
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: [22/01/200] No second marriage 4 first lady in TVB   Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:01 am

source: Sina
translated by J
pics: credits to www.lizawang.com/route

Liza Wang, born in Shanghai on the 28th August 1947, moved to Hong Kong in the late 1950s. In 1968, she was the lead star in "4 Golden Princess" 《四千金》. Her popularity soared and she managed to establish her status as the lead lady in TVB. Until now, Liza has numerous memorable on-screen characters that are well remembered by fans of all ages. Other than being a successful TV actress, Liza has also done well in Chinese Opera and also the singing industry. Her songs "Love and Passion" 《万水千山总是情》, "Brave Chinese Citizen"《勇敢的中国人》 etc has long become true classics.

On Monday, famous HK artist Liza Wang shook hands with the famous CCTV host of "Artist's Life"《艺术人生》 for the first time. Liza, who is a cancer survivor, also invited Law Kar Ying (who is also a cancer survivor) to guest star in the show.

A woman who is full of determination and confidence would always succeed. Liza Wang is a very good example. Movies, Dramas, Variety Shows, Singing, Chinese Opera, Hosting, you name it and Liza has not only done it, but she has done it with utmost perfection. Armed with loads of talent, Liza has managed to capture the hearts of viewers from all around the world with her memorable dramas, "A House is not a Home"《家变》, "Yesterday's Glitter"《京华春梦》, "Love and Passion" 《万水千山总是情》, "At the Threshold of an Era" 《创世纪》, etc. Rewatching these dramas enables us to witness Ah Jie's everlasting beauty throughout all these years. Throughout the 40 years in showbiz, Liza has gone through both happiness and sadness. From the moment Liza walked into the stage of "Artist's Life", she started to tell her story of a white swan's enchanting experiences.

Others are afraid of Ah Jie

Often, Liza is being addressed as "Ah Jie". However, Liza prefers to be addressed as "Liza Jie". To her, "Liza Jie" sounds more down to earth and does not make her appear to be strict in the eyes of others. It could also be due to her seriousness that caused the people around her to be respectful towards her. Liza was born in Shanghai's "Cong Ming Dao" 崇明岛, and had spent her childhood with her grandparents. Having been seperated from her parents and siblings (one older sister and one younger brother) for many years, Liza only reunited with her parents and siblings at the age of 9. Her independence has therefore become the root of determination in her personality. Liza continued to be serious and also put in a lot of effort during her training days at the HK artistic training center, when she graduated, it is not a surprise that she is also the "No. 1".

"Liza Jie" said, "Everyone should do their part well. They should expand their talents and strive to reach new heights." Even in politics, Liza continued to put in her efforts to make the society a better place. Her contributions has not gone unnoticed and has received appraisals from everyone. Liza Jie's seriousness does not only apply to herself. Once, Flora Chan was eating on the set and Liza walked up to her to advice her to put the food away. (Artists are not allowed to eat on the set) From then onwards, as long as "Liza Jie" is present, all the rules are respected and followed. Liza said, "It does not matter to me if that person accepts my suggestion or my advice, but if I think that that person is doing something wrong, I would voice out my opinions." Her seriousness and determination, enabled her to defeat a whole group of young artists, and win the "Best Actress" award in 2005.

defeating cancer and continuing her beauty

In 1994, Liza Jie suddenly met with a huge obstacle of her life. She was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. At first, Liza was unable to accept the fact that she had cancer, and had asked herself again and again, "Why Me? How did I end up with this illness?" However, Liza managed to pull herself together and co-operated with the doctors and had removed the tumour completely. Liza Jie said, "I want to be a obedient patient and co-operate with my doctors and never give up!" However, in 2002, Liza was again diagnosed with cancer, this time, breast cancer. She discovered a tumor in one of her breasts. However, as she had detected it early, she managed to removed the tumor and prevented the cancer from spreading. Although Liza has to battle cancer, she continued to work (when she filmed An Awakening Story, she was down with breast cancer but she returned to work immediately after removing the tumor) Liza also urged women to have regular body-checks.

Fate

Liza said, "I believe in fate. However, I also believe that one's efforts is also needed in order to succeed. I have met with obstacles and have managed to overcome them. I am a normal human being, I don't even dress up when I am not working. I hope that all of you (referring to her fans) won't put too much of your energy and time on me. You should concentrate on your studies and your job. I hope that when you see me, I would be the Liza of your dreams, the radiant and beautiful me!

Love does not need to be registered

Most of the viewers do not know that Liza was once married. In fact, Liza married a businessman in 1971, after joining TVB and hosting "Enjoy Yourself Tonight" 《欢乐今宵》. However, her marriage to this businessman (who was in the clothing line) wasn't happy. Liza Jie said that it might be because she had placed too much of her time and energy in her work and neglected her family. Liza said that if she is given another chance, she might be able to make better arrangements and wouldn't cause so much unhappiness.

Liza met Kar Ying later in life, when they co-operated in a Chinese Opera stage show. Although their personalities are rather different they managed to remain as a couple for more than 18 years. Kar Ying is a rather submissive man, he doesn't like to rush and kinda beats round the bush whenever he speaks. In contrast, Liza is a person who doesn't like to waste time. She gets right to the point whenever she speaks. Despite the differences, Liza and Kar Ying managed to tolerate each other, and has done so to keep their 18 year relationship a healthy one.

Law Kar Ying was present at the recording studio of "Artist's Life". The lovebirds emptied their feelings during the interview. The host of the program asked Kar Ying, "How do you address each oher?" Mr Law said, "We don't have a specific name for each other, sometimes I call her "Miss Wang", sometimes I call her "Chuen Jie", she calls me "Mr Law"." Liza immediately clarified that she addresses Kar Ying as "Mr Law" because, "I call him Mr Law as his chinese name doesn't sound nice in Cantonese, I feel weird when I pronounce it. Therefore, I call him Mr Law."

When they were asked why they have yet to tie the knot, the lovebirds had the exact same feelings towards marriage. "Our love has reached the highest point and has long exceeded the normal territory of love. We are family. Signing on the piece of paper no longer means anything to us. Thanks for all your concern for us. We would continue our relationship this way." Kar Ying also revealed, "We often argue. My talents in arguing originated from Miss Wang. However, I have my limit, only if my limit is exceeded, I would argue with her."

They are a couple that has suffered from the same disease. Kar Ying has been diagnosed with 3rd stage Liver cancer. However, as the duo has been dating for many years, they have encouraged each other to overcome the obstacle. The illness did not draw them apart, in fact, it had drawn them closer than ever. Even though they are not planning to tie the knot, but when we look at the duo, who are appreciating each other from the bottom of their hearts, further confirms their relationship as a soulmates in the eyes of everyone.

Favorite on screen couple: Liza and Sek in WOIL

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lizawang.net
ForeverLizaWang

Female Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: [22/01/200] No second marriage 4 first lady in TVB   Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:20 pm

anyone know where i can watch this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hazelfyy.proboards79.com/index.cgi
ForeverLizaWang

Female Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: [22/01/200] No second marriage 4 first lady in TVB   Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:20 pm

anyone know where i can watch this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hazelfyy.proboards79.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [22/01/200] No second marriage 4 first lady in TVB   

Back to top Go down

[22/01/200] No second marriage 4 first lady in TVB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1